Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Stitching Up Some Love

After a lovely camping/fishing trip I come home with renewed energy for my ideas in my stitching world and the "Mom Cave"... and I feel an even more warmth in my heart for my family... my dear husband who is always my best cheerleader in my crafting/sewing projects, he loves them all and compliments me and my 'talent', I love that dear man...
We also get to have our grandson with us where our spirits are lifted daily by his loving 4 year old charm.... something about him brings out the best in life, remembering the little important things, like feeding the chipmunks bits of crackers and watching his excitment in spying on those little creatures...  and his infectious giggle and smiles from ear to ear, just sparkles my heart... and granpa loves acting like his best buddy too!... actually they are best buddies...

Yup, the simple joys in life are the bestest... 

Even though I don't fish, I do take my stitching project along and sit on the banks to watch my 'boys' fish for that big one, now named Walter from the movie On Golden Pond...  he got away, but I know we will continue to trek out to that spot in the river for another try, I secretly hope Walter gets away every time...

My camping/stitching project will be finished by the time camping season is over, it is a quilt with stitched wildlife squares... I will post pictures soon...

Yup, it's the simple relaxing days in the sun on the banks of a cool clear mountain river that remind me of life away from the madness...

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment