Friday, June 3, 2011

Springing into Stitches

Finally after a looooong and blue winter the sun is shining and my flowers are planted... the frost warning last night didn't hurt the blooms and I just got plates on my new scooter, legal and ready to go, I just need to pass the DMV test for motorcycle operator officiality... oh and craft a matching red and white hat for riding in style.

My blessings have been coming in regularly, my darling love has built me a crafting/sewing space...

I call it my "Mom Cave"... it is fantastic! Lots of counter space, cutting board, peg board, cork board, shelves and a string of pink heart lites... sassy...

My stash of fabric and patterns has grown and filled up the cupboards, my projects are generating a life of their own... I am finding that I start out following a pattern and then I stitch outside the lines... it is a blast!

The long-ago days when my daughters were little and I sewed all their darling Sunday dresses, made nifty curtains and snuggly blankets as well as my own dresses and skirts, and the pillow cases I hand stitched have evolved.... a style that I am discovering and venturing into where patchwork, crazy stitches, Hawaiian prints and colors come alive...

Stitching and sewing aren't like mom used to do... there is much more room for creativity and personality of the sewing 'artist'... oh and I haven't stopped with needles and threads and fabrics, no... I have ventured into beading and creating jewelery, thanks to one of my creative daughters and her creative artistic talents and enthusiasm for the beading arts...

I have named my Mom Cave includes creations I am making for my grandchildren and friends as well... it is about time I brought back my stitching, sewing and creative hobbies, they are a perfect addition to writing... gardening and living!

No comments:

Post a Comment